CVSA offers information and tools for inspectors, commercial motor vehicle drivers, mechanics and vehicle maintenance personnel, transportation professionals, motor carriers and the general public.
As background, we have a few resources that might be of interest to link to:
- North American Standard Roadside Inspection Vehicle Cheat Sheet – Download this flyer detailing the components of the commercial motor vehicle that the inspector will inspect when conducting a Level I Inspection.
- Automated Commercial Motor Vehicle Working Group Report – This report – created by the Automated CMV Working Group, part of CVSA’s Enforcement and Industry Modernization Committee – recommends approaches for inspecting ADS-equipped commercial motor vehicles.
- COVID-19 Links – CVSA consolidated links to important COVID-19 information from organizations, associations and agencies that commercial motor vehicle law enforcement personnel, motor carriers and professional drivers need to know.
- International Registration Plan (IRP) Resources – IRP offers an overview for jurisdiction staff and officials new to IRP; find the answers to frequently asked questions on topics that include registration cost, record keeping and IRP registration; view IRP’s carrier training video; and view jurisdiction data information for all IRP jurisdictions on cab cards, credits/refunds, cross border requirements, fee schedules, maximum weights, registration periods, restricted plates, trip permits, wreckers, etc.
- Map of Jurisdictions that Require Buses Enter Weigh Stations – Download this helpful map which identifies the U.S. and Canadian jurisdictions that do or do not require motorcoaches/buses to enter permanent weight station locations when in operation.
- FMCSA Bus/Passenger Carrier Safety Information for Carriers – This FMCSA webpage provides informational resources and educational and technical assistance to the passenger carrier industry to foster an understanding of applicable regulations and requirements.
- ABA Bus Industry Safety Council – The mission of the ABA Bus Industry Safety Council is to continually raise the level of safety in the intercity bus and motorcoach industry through collaborative efforts of professionals in a workshop and educational environment.
- United Motorcoach Association – The purpose of the United Motorcoach Association is to protect and promote the interests and welfare of privately owned common carriers of passengers by motorcoach.
- Understanding the North American Standard Inspection Program – This CVSA brochure describes the North American Standard Inspection Program, the levels of inspections, CVSA decals, the out-of-service criteria, along with a helpful chart outlining the the steps in the various inspection levels.
- SaferBus Mobile App – The SaferBus mobile app provides easy access to bus company safety information.
- U.S. DOT Motorcoach Safety Action Plan – View the 2012 Motorcoach Safety Action Plan.
- Seat Belt Rules – NHTSA Motorcoach Occupant Crash Protection – View NHTSA’s rules related to seat belts.