Skip to Content
Passenger Carrier Resources
- Map of Jurisdictions that Require Buses Enter Weigh Stations – Download this helpful map identifying U.S. and Canadian jurisdictions that do or do not require motorcoaches/buses to enter permanent weight station locations when in operation.
- FMCSA Bus/Passenger Carrier Safety Information for Carriers – This FMCSA webpage provides informational resources and educational and technical assistance to the passenger carrier industry to foster an understanding of applicable regulations and requirements.
- ABA Bus Industry Safety Council – The mission of the ABA Bus Industry Safety Council (BISC) is to continually raise the level of safety in the intercity bus and motorcoach industry through collaborative efforts of professionals in a workshop and educational environment.
- United Motorcoach Association – The purpose of the United Motorcoach Association is to protect and promote the interests and welfare of privately owned common carriers of passengers by motorcoach.
- ABC/Van Hool Tech Tips – ABC’s Tech Tips provide helpful information for shop personnel performing maintenance on products sold by ABC Companies. These tips are provided by field techs and manufacturers and can be as simple as identifying electrical components or brief descriptions of diagnostic functions. Grab and Go training videos. Trainers can request University Information by calling 877-427-7278.
- MCI Coach and Tech Support – MCI is there for you with emergency roadside assistance (ERSA) 24 hours a day. It’s not just about fixing mechanical problems and getting coaches back on the road quickly, it’s also about skilled, friendly professionals going the extra mile for you, whatever the circumstance.
- Prevost / Volvo Tech Support – Prevost has provided technical information for Prevost H3, X3, and Volvo 9700 motorcoaches.
- Temsa Tech Support – Temsa has provided technical information for Temsa motorcoaches, customer support and many other valuable resources.
- Technical Support Manuals and Contact Information (Don’t forget to get the last five of the VIN)
- ABS/Van Hool – 877-427-7278, Option 3 / Customer Care (after 5 p.m. reserved for emergencies)
- MCI – 800-241-2947
- Temsa – 833-628-3672
- Motor Carrier Safety Planner – The Motor Carrier Safety Planner is provided by FMCSA and contains regulatory information and resources for motor carriers. Chapters 4, 5, 6 and 7 are helpful for motor carriers to better understand the regulatory requirements. The website also contains a “Resources and Forms” tab with free downloadable forms to use within a company.
- CVSA Inspection Bulletins – CVSA has numerous inspection bulletins that are specific to passenger-carrying vehicles. There are passenger carrier/motorcoach bulletins for emergency exits, monocoque frames, brakes and much more.
- State Mandatory Inspection Program – This link outlines the inspection requirements for commercial motor vehicles. It includes a list of the states that participate in a mandatory inspection program.
- Busing on the Lookout – The bus industry has a key role to play in combating human trafficking, particularly as frontline employees may be coming into contact with victims of human trafficking in the course of their everyday jobs. Visit the website to learn more about human trafficking and how you can get involved in fighting this heinous crime.