The CVSA Level VI Inspection Program is offering its eight-hour Level VI refresher course as part of the 2023 COHMED Conference, in San Antonio, Texas. Scheduled for 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 23, 2023, this refresher course is for CVSA-certified Level VI inspectors only and its completion meets CVSA’s maintenance of certification requirement for Level VI certified inspectors as outlined in the CVSA Operations Manual. Student participation during this course will be encouraged through work projects. Students will learn about:
- Concepts and basic physics of radiation and radioactivity
- Regulations from Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations 100-180 applicable to Class 7 radioactive materials
- Radiation survey procedures
- Application of CVSA’s North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria and Level VI Inspection Procedures
- Documentation of Level VI out-of-service violations
- All attendees must be current CVSA-certified Level VI inspectors.
- All attendees must agree to CVSA’s Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease through the CVSA Events app under the 2023 COHMED Conference.
Health and Safety
CVSA makes the health and safety of all conference attendees a priority. We are committed to following all U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines as well as local health and facility protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and will adopt enhanced health and safety measures, as appropriate, at the 2023 COHMED Conference. Updates to our events health policy will be made on the event website and also on the CVSA Events app.
- Included: Training materials will be provided, such as student manuals, the 2022 CVSA North American Standard Level VI Out-of-Service Criteria Handbook, hazardous materials regulatory books, calculators, highlighters and pens.
- Not included: Attendees are responsible for airfare, transportation, meals, hotel accommodations and any other travel expenses.
Registration will open in October 2022. There is no cost to take the refresher course; however, registration is required for this session.
All attendees must agree to CVSA’s Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease through the CVSA Events app.
If you are planning to attend the 2023 COHMED Conference, you will need to register for that conference separately.
The deadline to register is Jan. 7, 2022.
If you registered for this training course but will no longer be able to attend, please let us know via email or call 301-830-6144.
If you have any questions about this Level VI refresher course or Level VI certification, contact CVSA Director of Level VI Inspection Program Carlisle Smith via email or call 301-830-6147.