CVSA makes the health and safety of all conference attendees a priority. We are committed to following all U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines as well as local health and facility protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and will adopt enhanced health and safety measures, as appropriate, at the COHMED Conference. The following minimum standards are currently required for in-person participation. Note: all requirements are subject to change. Updates to the requirements will be made on the event website and also on the CVSA Events app.
- All attendees must agree to CVSA’s Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease through the CVSA Events app.
- View hotel COVID-19 information here.
- As of Aug. 30, 2021, San Diego requires all employees and visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, to wear a facial coverings at all times inside of City facilities. Indoor use of facial coverings is recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Cal/OSHA and the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency.
- As of July 28, 2021, CDPH requires masks for all individuals in the following indoor settings, regardless of vaccination status: on public transportation, K-12 schools, childcare, emergency shelters and cooling centers, healthcare settings, state and local correctional facilities and detention centers, homeless shelters, and Long Term Care Settings & Adult and Senior Care Facilities.
- As of July 28, 2021, CDPH requires masks for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses.
- As of July 28, 2021, businesses are permitted to require masks for customers and employees.
CVSA Health and Safety Protocols
- CVSA will have hand sanitizer and face masks available to all attendees.
- CVSA will utilize a low-contact check-in process at registration.
- Plexiglass barriers may be used for locations when interaction is necessary.
- CVSA will ensure hand sanitizer stations are positioned at key high-traffic areas.
- CVSA will work with each venue to ensure regular disinfecting and cleaning of high-traffic areas and touch points.