As of Oct. 1, the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) has transitioned to new leadership for 2023-2024. Col. Russ Christoferson, with the Montana Department of Transportation, is the new president of the Alliance. Capt. John Hahn, of the Colorado State Patrol, is CVSA’s vice president. And Maj. Chris Nordloh, from the Texas Department of Public Safety, moves into his three-year term as past president.
On Sept. 20, CVSA Class I Members and Class II Local Members elected Maj. Erick McGuire, with the Florida Highway Patrol, to the position of CVSA secretary. Maj. McGuire will serve one year as secretary of the Alliance, while concurrently serving as chair of the CVSA Election Committee. Then, he’ll serve one year as vice president of the Alliance and chair of the CVSA Finance Committee. The year after that, he will become CVSA’s president. After one year as president, Maj. McGuire will then serve three years as past president – making the entire obligation a six-year commitment.
In addition to the executive leadership transition, the following region changes were made:
- Tpr. Brian Pfarrer, with the New Jersey State Police, is president of Region I. Sgt. Abraham Rosario, from the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles, is vice president.
- Region III’s president is Lt. Mike Maytum, with the Nebraska State Patrol, and Lt. Christopher Keller, with the Michigan State Police, is vice president.
- Krista Cull, from Newfoundland and Labrador, is Region V president. From the Saskatchewan Ministry of Corrections, Policing and Public Safety, Sgt. Mathew Austin will serve as vice president.
The following committee changes were made:
- Lt. Mike Maytum, from the Nebraska State Patrol, is chair of the .
- The new chair of the is Tpr. Brian Pfarrer, with the New Jersey State Police.
- Tpr. William Alarcon, with the New Jersey State Police, will chair the .
CVSA would like to thank the following members of leadership who devoted their time to serving the membership and whose terms expired this year, who retired or who stepped down from their leadership positions:
- New Jersey State Police’s Tpr. William Alarcon served as Region I president and chair of the Passenger Carrier Committee.
- Maj. Jon Smithers, with the Indiana State Police, was president of Region III.
- Richard Roberts, of the British Columbia Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, was Region V president and served in Region V leadership for a total of six years.
- Bryant Gay, from the Florida Highway Patrol, was chair of the Crash Data and Investigation Standards Committee.
- Capt. Jon Olsen, with the Minnesota State Patrol, was chair of the Policy and Regulatory Affairs Committee.