To ensure an environment free of passenger-carrier crashes on the public highways.
- Raise awareness of the unique aspects of passenger-carrier safety issues in all sectors.
- Update the North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria as it relates to passenger-carrying commercial motor vehicles.
- Assist the enforcement community in passenger-carrier programs (inspection guidelines, strategies, procedures targeting carrier reviews, etc.).
- Facilitate communications and activities on passenger-carrier safety issues among governments, carriers, manufacturers and other interested stakeholders.
- Promote passenger-carrier safety through outreach, education, training and information efforts.
- Ensure that rules and regulations promote passenger-carrier safety in an efficient and effective manner.
- Monitor, evaluate and promote new passenger-carrier safety technologies.
This CVSA committee is open to all CVSA members. Log in to your CVSA account to join the Passenger Carrier Committee.