Achieve excellence and professionalism in the performance of commercial motor carrier / shipper audits and investigations through uniform and quality training and investigative processes.
- Participate with member jurisdictions and FMCSA to establish uniform procedures for safety audits and investigations as state laws and regulations allow.
- Sharing of best practices by exchanging knowledge and lessons learned of successful audits and investigative programs and/or processes.
- Identify training needs of member jurisdictions and other stakeholders.
- Participate in development, delivery and maintenance of training courses through the latest methodologies and technologies in both the training approach and subject matter being taught.
- Participate with member jurisdictions and FMCSA to establish uniform criteria to certify/recertify instructors.
- Provide guidance to FMCSA on training course uniformity and required course content needed to train auditors and investigators.
- Provide FMCSA with guidance and recommendations on changes to program policies, procedures, business rules that impact the audit and investigative programs.
- Ensure course material development and delivery techniques incorporate culturally relevant materials and sensitivity to maintain a learning environment that is absolutely free of prohibited discrimination.
This CVSA committee is open to all CVSA members. Log in to your CVSA member portal to join the Audits and Investigations Committee.