To ensure an environment free of passenger-carrier crashes on the public highways.
- Raise awareness of the unique aspects of passenger-carrier safety issues in all sectors.
- Update the North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria as it relates to passenger-carrying commercial motor vehicles.
- Assist the enforcement community in passenger-carrier programs (inspection guidelines, strategies, procedures targeting carrier reviews, etc.).
- Facilitate communications and activities on passenger-carrier safety issues among governments, carriers, manufacturers and other interested stakeholders.
- Promote passenger-carrier safety through outreach, education, training and information efforts.
- Ensure that rules and regulations promote passenger-carrier safety in an efficient and effective manner.
- Monitor, evaluate and promote new passenger-carrier safety technologies.
This CVSA committee is open to all CVSA members. Log in to your CVSA account to join the Passenger Carrier Committee.
Click here to contact the chair of this committee.