On Feb. 14, 2019, Congress passed a funding bill that included transportation funding for fiscal 2019. The bill includes full funding for commercial motor vehicle-related grants at or above the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act levels, with a $1 million increase to the commercial motor vehicle operator’s grant program.
- MCSAP Formula – $304.3 million
- High Priority – $44 million
- CDL – $32.5 million
- CMV Operators – $2 million
In addition, the bill has several policy riders included.
- Section 130 directs the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to send notice of Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations § 385.308 violations by a form of delivery that records notice of receipt. § 385.308 outlines violations that if committed by a new entrant may trigger an expedited safety audit or compliance review.
- Section 131 prevents the U.S. Department of Transportation from enforcing electronic logging device requirements for motor carriers transporting livestock or insects through Sept. 30, 2019.
- Section 131 prevents FMCSA from enforcing the May 27, 2015, final rule on the lease and interchange of vehicles for passenger-carrying motor carriers.