The CVSA Events app is now available and will utilize Zoom technology for all sessions. Note: All sessions are in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Viewing from your desktop? Use the web version.
Using a mobile device? From your mobile device, click on this link to download the free app.
Alternatively, you can find the app in the Apple Store and Google Play by searching “CVSA Events.”
- Review the CVSA Events App Reference Guide
- Login using your first name, last name and email address used at registration
- Access the full event schedule and session agendas.
- Add sessions you plan to attend to personalize your conference experience.
- Check out attendees’ profiles, share contact information and send direct messages.
- View a listing of sponsors.
- Get important updates through push notifications.
- CVSA recommends that you use a laptop or desktop computer with a built-in camera for the best user experience. Capabilities may be limited on alternate devices, such as a mobile device or tablet. View a comparison of Zoom features between devices.
- Install Zoom on your desktop for the best user experience or participate from the Zoom web browser.
- It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with basic Zoom capabilities prior to joining this conference.
- Login and test your video and audio 15 minutes prior to the event start.
- Use Chrome or Firefox web browsers. For more information on compatible browsers, visit Zoom’s help center.
- Use your computer audio (do not join separately on a phone).
- Connect to the internet on a hard-wired internet connection. Wi-Fi connections can be unstable and affect video and audio quality.
- Use a wired headset with a mic for the best audio quality.
- Avoid bright background lighting for the best video quality.
- Review our Zoom Reference Guide for Attendees and Panelists.
Day-of Best Practices
- Review the Technical Recommendations (above).
- Do not engage in any unsafe practices, such as driving a car, while participating.
- Wear business casual attire for live video feeds. Solid colors in contrast to your background are recommended. Be mindful of accessories or jewelry that may make noise or be distracting.
- Adjust your screen name to also include your company name.
- All region, locals, associates, committee and program chairs, voting members and other designated leadership are asked to log in 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. You will receive a separate communication from your CVSA staff liaison with details.
- All committee and program leadership, voting members and anyone making comments are encouraged to share their video for the most engaging user experience.
Blocked Zoom Users
We understand that some users may have company restrictions and firewalls blocking access to the webinar platform, Zoom. If so, we advise using a personal device with the capability of logging into Zoom. If you do not have any way of accessing Zoom, you may participate by dial-in phone, audio only. Please follow these guidelines for phone users.
Contact CVSA with any technical issues or questions.