State MCSAP or local law enforcement personnel responsible for conducting roadside inspections
- Have successfully completed the North American Standard Level I Inspection certification course
- Bring the most current version of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations with interpretations to the course (host agencies should provide this for attendees)
- Sign the CVSA Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease as part of the registration process
This course is limited to 24 students.
Total Course Hours
Texas Department of Public Safety
5807 Guadalupe St., Bldg. N
Austin, TX 78752
The class will meet 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CST each day. Please arrive by 7:30 a.m. the first day of class for a COVID screening.
Free parking is available on-site at the training academy.
Appropriate dress for the training course is business casual.
When you click on the “REGISTER NOW” button below, you will be taken to your CVSA member portal where you will need to login to register. Once you’ve logged into your account, scroll down to the “Events” section on the right side of the page and select “Passenger Carrier Vehicle Inspection Certification Course – Austin, TX – April 5-7, 2023”
For assistance navigating the member portal, please view this informational video.
Each attendee is responsible for their own airfare and hotel arrangements and expenses, and other travel expenses.
Airport and Transportation Information
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin North Central
8500 North I 35
Austin, TX 78753
Courtyard Austin-University Area
5660 North Interstate Highway 35
Austin, TX 78751
Point of Contact
Texas Department of Public Safety
6200 Guadalupe St., Bldg. P
Austin, TX 78752
General CVSA Training Contact
Events Health Policy
The health and safety of attendees at this training course are top priority. CVSA will follow federal and local guidelines, restrictions and requirements, and health and facility protocols, as appropriate, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases.
Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease
Every individual registered for this course must sign the CVSA Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease to attend this course. This is a requirement. Individuals who do not sign the waiver will not be permitted to attend this course.
Events Code of Conduct
CVSA is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for all meeting participants. All participants, without exception, are expected to abide by this events code of conduct across any and all technologies used to execute a CVSA event whether in person or a virtual event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the host(s), moderator and CVSA staff. CVSA has a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination or harassment by participants.
Examples of unacceptable behavior are:
- Unauthorized sharing of login credentials with another user, including unregistered users; any unregistered user found participating will be required to pay the full registration fee, including the late registration fee
- Recording, copying and/or sharing of any media, including screenshots
- Engaging in unsafe practices while participating in a virtual event, such as driving a car
- Harassment, disrespect, intimidation or discrimination in any form
- Verbal or written abuse of any participant, including, but not limited to, comments related to race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, etc.
- Sharing inappropriate, nude and/or sexual images
- Threatening or stalking a participant
To report an incident of unacceptable behavior, please contact CVSA Executive Director Collin Mooney or CVSA Deputy Executive Director Adrienne Gildea. CVSA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. CVSA may also, at its discretion, prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
Consent to Multimedia Use
Registration and attendance at and participation in CVSA meetings and other activities – in-person or virtually – constitutes an agreement by the registrant to CVSA’s use and distribution of the registrant’s or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
By registering and attending the event, an attendee may participate or contribute to discussions regarding the Standards and CVSA Materials (“work product”) and hereby acknowledges that it is their intent and understanding that the intellectual property, including copyright in and to the work product, and all derivative works and/or any modifications and variations of the work product, did, does and will vest solely in CVSA. To the extent that an attendee contributes to the work product during the event, they do not claim any ownership in the work product and instead hereby completely assign any and all copyrights and any other intellectual property rights in their contributions to CVSA.