This course will train inspection personnel to inspect other bulk packaging transporting hazardous materials (HM) for compliance with Hazardous Material Regulations at the weigh/inspection station or a carrier’s or shipper’s place of business.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be qualified to carry out HM field activities in a manner that complements national HM program goals in that specialized area.
State MCSAP or local law enforcement personnel responsible for conducting Other Bulk Packaging inspections.
- Have successfully completed the NAS Part B (Level I) Course and the General Hazardous Materials Course
- Bring the most current version of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations with interpretations to the course
- Sign the CVSA Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease as part of the registration process
Total Course Hours
This course is limited to 20 students.
Colorado State Patrol Motor Carrier Safety Building
15218 W 12th Ave
Golden, CO 80401
The class will meet 8 a.m.-5 p.m. MST each day.
Free parking is available on-site at the training academy.
Appropriate dress for the training course is business casual.
When you click on the “REGISTER NOW” button below, you will be taken to your CVSA member portal where you will need to login to register. Once you’ve logged into your account, scroll down to the “Events” section on the right side of the page and select “Other Bulk Packaging Inspection Certification – Golden, CO – July 10-14, 2023”
For assistance navigating the member portal, please view this informational video.
Travel and Hotel Information
Each attendee is responsible for their own airfare and hotel arrangements and expenses, and other travel expenses.
Airport and Transportation Information
- Denver International Airport (DEN) is the closest airport to the training location. The training location is 32 miles from the airport.
- The airport has several transportation options, including taxis, shuttles, rental cars, public transportation and ride shares.
Aiden By Best Western @ Denver West/Golden
15059 W Colfax Ave
Golden, CO 80401
Denver Marriott West
1717 Denver West Marriott Blvd
Golden, CO 80401
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Denver West/Golden
1315 Colorado Mills Pkwy
Lakewood, CO 80401
Point of Contact
15075 South Golden Road
Golden, CO 80401
General CVSA Training Contact
Rules, Requirements and Policies
Events Health Policy
The health and safety of attendees at this training course are top priority. CVSA will follow federal and local guidelines, restrictions and requirements, and health and facility protocols, as appropriate, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases.
Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease
Every individual registered for this course must sign the CVSA Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease to attend this course. This is a requirement. Individuals who do not sign the waiver will not be permitted to attend this course.
Events Code of Conduct
CVSA is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for all meeting participants. All participants, without exception, are expected to abide by this events code of conduct across any and all technologies used to execute a CVSA event whether in person or a virtual event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the host(s), moderator and CVSA staff. CVSA has a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination or harassment by participants.
Examples of unacceptable behavior are:
- Unauthorized sharing of login credentials with another user, including unregistered users; any unregistered user found participating will be required to pay the full registration fee, including the late registration fee
- Recording, copying and/or sharing of any media, including screenshots
- Engaging in unsafe practices while participating in a virtual event, such as driving a car
- Harassment, disrespect, intimidation or discrimination in any form
- Verbal or written abuse of any participant, including, but not limited to, comments related to race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, etc.
- Sharing inappropriate, nude and/or sexual images
- Threatening or stalking a participant
To report an incident of unacceptable behavior, please contact CVSA Executive Director Collin Mooney or CVSA Deputy Executive Director Adrienne Gildea. CVSA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. CVSA may also, at its discretion, prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
Consent to Multimedia Use
Registration and attendance at and participation in CVSA meetings and other activities – in-person or virtually – constitutes an agreement by the registrant to CVSA’s use and distribution of the registrant’s or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
By registering and attending the event, an attendee may participate or contribute to discussions regarding the Standards and CVSA Materials (“work product”) and hereby acknowledges that it is their intent and understanding that the intellectual property, including copyright in and to the work product, and all derivative works and/or any modifications and variations of the work product, did, does and will vest solely in CVSA. To the extent that an attendee contributes to the work product during the event, they do not claim any ownership in the work product and instead hereby completely assign any and all copyrights and any other intellectual property rights in their contributions to CVSA.