This is an industry roadside inspection training course on vehicle-related roadside regulatory requirements and out-of-service conditions.
This course includes information on commercial motor vehicle regulatory requirements outlined in Parts 393, 396 and Appendix A of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, the CVSA North American Standard Level I Inspection Procedure, and the North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria as it relates to vehicle components of a commercial motor vehicle.
This course will provide the motor carrier industry with the tools and knowledge to achieve compliance with commercial motor vehicle safety regulations and a better understanding of vehicle regulatory requirements, out-of-service conditions and how they relate to the motor carrier’s maintenance program.
- Class III Associate Members
- Motor carrier safety directors, owner-operators, commercial motor vehicle drivers, technicians, fleet managers, vendors, etc.
Atendees must sign the CVSA Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease as part of the registration process.
Total Course Hours
• Included: All training materials will be provided, including regulations, the CVSA North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria, highlighters and pens. Students will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion.
• Not included: Attendees are responsible for airfare, transportation, meals, hotel accommodations and any other travel expenses.
This in-person course is limited to 35 students.
The Embassy Suites – LaVista Conference Center
12520 Westport Parkway, Suite 1025
La Vista, Nebraska 68128
The training facility is being sponsored and supplied by:
This course is offered Monday through Friday, June 12-16. The schedule is as follows:
The course is scheduled for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CDT Monday through Thursday. On Friday, the course is from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Travel prior to that time on Friday will interfere with the completion of the course. Please book your travel accordingly.
Dress code is casual. Students should bring any equipment they need to be near a truck. (Coveralls, boots, safety glasses, gloves, etc)
- Class III Associate Members – $995 USD per person
- Non-members – $1,195 USD per person
When you click on the “REGISTER NOW” button below, you will be taken to your CVSA member portal where you will need to login to register. Once you’ve logged into your account, click on the “Events” section on the right side of the page and select “Industry Roadside Vehicle Inspection Training Course – Omaha, NE – June-12-16, 2023”
For assistance navigating the member portal, please view this informational video.
The registration deadline is Friday, June 2.
Registration Cancellation Policy
All refunds, minus a $50 service fee, will be given if the cancellation is made in writing no later than Friday, June 2. No refunds will be given after this date. Refunds will not be given for no-shows.
Travel and Hotel Information
Each attendee is responsible for their own airfare and hotel arrangements and expenses, and other travel expenses.
Airport and Transportation Information
- Omaha Eppley Airfield (OMA) is the closest airport to the training location. It’s approximately 19 miles from the training location.
- The airport has several transportation options, including rental car services.
Hotels in the area include:
Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha La Vista Hotel & Conference Center
12520 Westport Pkwy
La Vista, NE 68128
Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
12560 Westport Pkwy
La Vista, NE 68128
Point of Contact
Director of Inspection Programs
General CVSA Training Contact
Rules, Requirements and Policies
Events Health Policy
The health and safety of attendees at this training course are top priority. CVSA will follow federal and local guidelines, restrictions and requirements, and health and facility protocols, as appropriate, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases.
Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease
Every individual registered for this course must sign the CVSA Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease to attend this course. This is a requirement. Individuals who do not sign the waiver will not be permitted to attend this course.
Events Code of Conduct
CVSA is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for all meeting participants. All participants, without exception, are expected to abide by this events code of conduct across any and all technologies used to execute a CVSA event whether in person or a virtual event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the host(s), moderator and CVSA staff. CVSA has a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination or harassment by participants.
Examples of unacceptable behavior are:
- Unauthorized sharing of login credentials with another user, including unregistered users; any unregistered user found participating will be required to pay the full registration fee, including the late registration fee
- Recording, copying and/or sharing of any media, including screenshots
- Engaging in unsafe practices while participating in a virtual event, such as driving a car
- Harassment, disrespect, intimidation or discrimination in any form
- Verbal or written abuse of any participant, including, but not limited to, comments related to race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, etc.
- Sharing inappropriate, nude and/or sexual images
- Threatening or stalking a participant
To report an incident of unacceptable behavior, please contact CVSA Executive Director Collin Mooney or CVSA Deputy Executive Director Adrienne Gildea. CVSA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. CVSA may also, at its discretion, prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
Consent to Multimedia Use
Registration and attendance at and participation in CVSA meetings and other activities – in-person or virtually – constitutes an agreement by the registrant to CVSA’s use and distribution of the registrant’s or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
By registering and attending the event, an attendee may participate or contribute to discussions regarding the Standards and CVSA Materials (“work product”) and hereby acknowledges that it is their intent and understanding that the intellectual property, including copyright in and to the work product, and all derivative works and/or any modifications and variations of the work product, did, does and will vest solely in CVSA. To the extent that an attendee contributes to the work product during the event, they do not claim any ownership in the work product and instead hereby completely assign any and all copyrights and any other intellectual property rights in their contributions to CVSA.