This five-day training course will teach autonomous vehicle motor carrier personnel the inspection procedure, vehicle components and vehicle compliance requirements for commercial motor vehicles equipped with automated driving systems (ADS).
- Class III Associate Members
- Motor carrier safety directors, owner-operators, commercial motor vehicle drivers, technicians, fleet managers, vendors, ADS developers, etc.
Total Course Hours
- Included: All training materials will be provided. Wheel chocks, creepers and other inspection tools will be available for use during the course. Students will receive a certificate of proficiency upon successful completion of both the in-class and practical elements of the course. In addition, the hotel has complimentary breakfast.
- Not included: Attendees are responsible for airfare, transportation, meals, hotel accommodations and any other travel expenses.
This in-person course is limited to 25 students.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Grapevine DFW Airport North
2401 Bass Pro Drive
Grapevine, TX, 76051
The course schedule is 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, Jan. 15-19. Travel prior to Friday at 5 p.m. will interfere with the completion of the course. Please book your travel accordingly.
Appropriate dress for the training course is business casual. Attendees should bring vehicle inspection and personal safety equipment as required by your company to be in and around tractor trailers (i.e. bump hat, gloves, coveralls, steel toe shoes, safety vest, etc.).
- Class III Associate Members – $995 USD per person
- Non-members – $1,195 USD per person
When you click on the “REGISTER NOW” button below, you will be taken to your CVSA member portal where you will need to login to register. Once you’ve logged into your account, click on the “Events” section on the right side of the page and select “Industry Enhanced CMV Inspection For Autonomous Vehicles Training Course – Grapevine, TX – January 15-19, 2024”.
For assistance navigating the member portal, please view this informational video.
The registration deadline is Tuesday, Jan. 2.
Registration Cancellation Policy
All refunds, minus a $50 service fee, will be given if the cancellation is made in writing no later than Tuesday, Jan. 2. No refunds will be given after this date. Refunds will not be given for no-shows.
Travel and Hotel Information
Each attendee is responsible for their own airfare and hotel arrangements and expenses, and other travel expenses.
Airport and Transportation Information
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is 2.3 miles from the hotel.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Grapevine DFW Airport North offers a complimentary airport shuttle service from 6 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. daily. Once you have collected your luggage, you may call the hotel at 972-724-2600. Shuttle pick up is at the purple courtesy van sign located near the baggage claim areas on the lower terminal levels. To return to the airport, the shuttle leaves the hotel every 30 minutes at the top and half of every hour.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport has several transportation options available, including taxis and ride shares.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Grapevine DFW Airport North
2401 Bass Pro Drive
Grapevine, TX 76051
Check in: 4 p.m. | Check out: 11 a.m.
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Grapevine DFW Airport North hotel offers accommodations at the rate of $175 per night, plus 13.975% tax. Hotel accommodations are “first come, first served” and may sell out at any time. The CVSA hotel rate will be available until Saturday, Dec. 23, or until the room block sells out. On Sunday, Dec. 24, all unreserved rooms will be released to the general public.
Note: CVSA works only with the official accommodations providers listed on the event website and does not endorse the use of any third-party booking companies. Be aware of the malicious practice of room poaching where third-party companies portray themselves as being associated with an event to solicit attendees for room reservations. This practice can not only be fraudulent but also has the potential to expose the association to penalties and cause increased room rates for future meetings.
Point of Contact
Roadside Inspection Specialist
General CVSA Training Contact
Rules, Requirements and Policies
Events Health Policy
The health and safety of attendees at this training course are top priority. CVSA will follow federal and local guidelines, restrictions and requirements, and health and facility protocols, as appropriate, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases.
Events Code of Conduct
CVSA is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for all meeting participants. All participants, without exception, are expected to abide by this events code of conduct across any and all technologies used to execute a CVSA event whether in person or a virtual event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the host(s), moderator and CVSA staff. CVSA has a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination or harassment by participants.
Examples of unacceptable behavior are:
- Unauthorized sharing of login credentials with another user, including unregistered users; any unregistered user found participating will be required to pay the full registration fee, including the late registration fee
- Recording, copying and/or sharing of any media, including screenshots
- Engaging in unsafe practices while participating in a virtual event, such as driving a car
- Harassment, disrespect, intimidation or discrimination in any form
- Verbal or written abuse of any participant, including, but not limited to, comments related to race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, etc.
- Sharing inappropriate, nude and/or sexual images
- Threatening or stalking a participant
To report an incident of unacceptable behavior, please contact CVSA Executive Director Collin Mooney or CVSA Deputy Executive Director Adrienne Gildea. CVSA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. CVSA may also, at its discretion, prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
Consent to Multimedia Use
Registration and attendance at and participation in CVSA meetings and other activities – in-person or virtually – constitutes an agreement by the registrant to CVSA’s use and distribution of the registrant’s or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
By registering and attending the event, an attendee may participate or contribute to discussions regarding the Standards and CVSA Materials (“work product”) and hereby acknowledges that it is their intent and understanding that the intellectual property, including copyright in and to the work product, and all derivative works and/or any modifications and variations of the work product, did, does and will vest solely in CVSA. To the extent that an attendee contributes to the work product during the event, they do not claim any ownership in the work product and instead hereby completely assign any and all copyrights and any other intellectual property rights in their contributions to CVSA.