The 2021 Virtual COHMED Conference session links, agendas, resources and information will be available to registrants approximately two weeks before the conference through the CVSA Events App. The app will include both desktop and mobile-friendly participation options and will utilize Zoom Webinar technology for all sessions. Through the app, you will be able to:
- Access the full event schedule, session agendas and webinar links.
- Add sessions you plan to attend to personalize your conference experience.
- Check out attendees’ profiles, share contact information and send direct messages.
- View a listing of sponsors.
- Get important updates through push notifications.
- CVSA recommends that you use a laptop or desktop computer with a built-in camera for the best user experience. Capabilities may be limited on alternate devices, such as a mobile device or tablet. View a comparison of Zoom features between devices.
- Install Zoom on your desktop for the best user experience or participate from the Zoom web browser.
- It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with basic Zoom capabilities prior to joining this conference.
- Login and test your video and audio 15 minutes prior to the event start.
- Use Chrome or Firefox web browsers. For more information on compatible browsers, visit Zoom’s help center.
- Use your computer audio (do not join separately on a phone).
- Connect to the internet on a hard-wired internet connection. Wi-Fi connections can be unstable and affect video and audio quality.
- Use a wired headset with a mic for the best audio quality.
- Avoid bright background lighting for the best video quality.
Day-of Best Practices
- Review the Technical Recommendations (above).
- Do not engage in any unsafe practices, such as driving a car, while participating.
- Wear business casual attire for live video feeds. Solid colors in contrast to your background are recommended. Be mindful of accessories or jewelry that may make noise or be distracting.
- Adjust your screen name to also include your company name.
Blocked Zoom Users
We understand that some users may have company restrictions and firewalls blocking access to the webinar platform, Zoom. If so, we advise using a personal device with the capability of logging into Zoom. If you do not have any way of accessing Zoom, you may participate by dial-in phone, audio only. Please follow these guidelines for phone users.
Contact CVSA with any technical issues or questions.