Program Initiatives Committee
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
Chief David Lorenzen
Iowa Department of Transportation
J.J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
Develop strategies to enhance CVSA's effectiveness in support of the strategic plan through analysis of best practices in current and new/innovative programs.
- Discuss the development, implementation and results of Commercial Vehicle Safety Plans and other performance-based planning activities in member jurisdictions.
- Monitor, evaluate and provide recommendations as to the effectiveness of Compliance Reviews, Safety Audits, Roadside Inspections, Traffic Enforcement and other compliance and enforcement activities in member jurisdictions.
- Work closely with enforcement/regulatory agencies and the industry to explore, share and evaluate best practices for promoting results-oriented decision-making and performance-based program delivery.
- Promote harmonization and uniformity in regulatory and enforcement programs between Canada, United States, and Mexico.
- Develop a plan for management of data to support the needs of the membership.
- Assist in the design and management of Roadcheck, Operation Air Brake and other CVSA-sponsored enforcement details.
- Evaluate and provide input to CVSA's Strategic Plan.
- Serve as resource to other CVSA committees.